Workshop Foreman, North Shore, circa $95k
North Shore engineering company requires an experienced Engineering Foreman to join their team.
Managing a team of tradesmen, the workshop provides fabrication, welding and machining service to a variety of industries. Work ranges from tanks and boilers to heavy and light fabrication and stainless steel through to pipework and pressure vessels.
Your role will be to oversee the workshop, managing the team to ensure work is completed in an efficient, timely and safe manner.
You will liaise with customers to understand the job requirements, order materials, assign and oversee the work, ensuring work meets client expectations and deadlines. You will also look to identify any improvements in work processes and ensure the workplace follows best practice in terms of efficiencies and health and safety.
To be considered for this role, you will:
- be a trade qualified engineer with a minimum of 7 years' industry experience
- possess extensive knowledge and experience of fabrication, welding, fitting and other engineering disciplines
- have previous engineering supervisory experience
- know how to estimate and order materials
- have strong communication and customer service skills – to deal with customers, subcontractors, staff and management
- be health and safety focused.
This is a hands-on role for an experienced Engineer.
Perhaps you are a senior tradesperson with some supervisory experience looking for a leadership role, or maybe you are a Supervisor or Foreman wanting to advance your career. If so, then this role is for you.
A very competitive remuneration is on offer from this top company. Get in touch today for confidential enquiry.