Machine Design Engineer, South Auckland, Circa $85k
Are you creative and innovative?
Are you passionate about designing machines?
If you are an experienced mechanical or machine design engineer who has experience designing machines not products, then you would be interested in joining a company who design and build high speed, high volume, automated production line machinery.
This role will see you design ‘one off' customised machines working from concept sketches and detailed equipment specifications. The design process includes the CAD modelling of plans, building assemblies and completing detail drawings.
Reporting directly to the Design Manager and working on various projects, the challenges of this role are to find simple solutions to what can be complex operations. It is also involves completing a design process within strict timelines to satisfy both internal and external customers.
This is a challenging role and candidates will need to possess:
- Tertiary qualifications (BE Mechanical or similar)
- At least 5 years experience in design of complex, special purpose machinery
- 3D CAD experience with either ProEngineer or SolidWorks would be advantageous
- Experience in steel metal design, in particular shaping, forming, notching and bending
- Attention to detail, problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- The ability to think with creativity and innovation
On offer are great work conditions, ongoing learning opportunities and a competitive benefits package with an innovative, international company that is a world leader in its field.
All applicants please ensure you attach a copy of your CV and a portfolio highlighting key projects you have worked on. Please also include images demonstrating your design and technical ability as well as explanations of your project involvement.